The MSHS Gymnastics team had their final meet of the 2022-2023 regular season on Wednesday evening (2/22/23) when they took part in the U.P. Championships that were hosted by Escanaba High School. The team finished second with a team score of 117.825.
Junior Helana Sharp led the way for MSHS with a first place finish on bars to go along with finishing third on beam, sixth on floor and seventh on vault. She placed fourth in the all-around competition.
Freshman Alyssa Bonanni qualified for next weekend’s MHSAA Regional Meet in the vault event when she earned her final qualifying score of 8.10.
Below are performers posting season high (denoted with “^”) and/or MHSAA Regional qualifying (denoted with “*”) scores.
- 1st Place – Helana Sharp – 8.40
- 8th Place – Ava Porter – 5.70
- 9th Place – Anabel Ollila – 5.50
- 10th Place – Fiona Barch – 7.60
- 7th Place – Helana Sharp – 8.55
- 8th Place – Ady Trapani – 8.50
- 9th Place – Anabel Ollila – 8.40
- 9th Place – Ava Porter – 8.40
- 6th Place – Helana Sharp – 8.375
- 7th Place – Ava Porter – 8.35
- 10th Place – Anabel Ollila – 8.175
- 3rd Place – Helana Sharp – 7.65
- 8th Place – Anabel Ollila – 6.875
- 9th Place – Fiona Barch – 6.80
- 4th Place – Helana Sharp – 32.80
- 7th Place – Anabel Ollila – 29.95
- 9th Place –Ava Porter – 29.075
- As a result of their performances during the regular season, MSHS has had four of its gymnasts qualify for the MHSAA Regional competition that will be hosted by Grand Rapids-Kenowa Hills High School next Saturday (3/4/23).
- The student-athletes representing MSHS are Helana Sharp (vault, bars, beam, floor, all-around), Anabel Ollila (floor, vault) and Ava Porter (floor, vault) and Alyssa Bonanni (vault).