This past weekend (September 9-10), the MSHS Mountain Biking Team traveled to Waukesha, Wisconsin to compete in the second race of the 2023 Wisconsin Interscholastic Cycling League (WICL) schedule that was hosted at Minooka Park. For the second consecutive race, Marquette captured first place as they distanced themselves from the 15 other teams in attendance to win the team title.
In the Girls Varsity Race, MSHS was paced by a 3rd place result from junior Sam Paternoster.
In the Boys Varsity Race, MSHS was led by the performances of seniors Corbin Grim (2nd place) and Ian Kangas (7th place).
Team Scores (16 total participating teams) – WICL Division 1 – Race #2 at Minooka Park:
- Marquette – 4198
- Lake Mills – 3622
- Shorewood – 3556
- Pewaukee – 3255
- Mukwonago – 3184
- Port Washington – 3074
- Menomonee Falls – 2937
- Cedarburg – 2520
- Kettle Moraine – 2513
- Whitefish Bay – 2453
- Sun Prairie East – 2228
- Cambridge – 1923
- Arrowhead – 1889
- Oak Creek – 1818
- Deforest – 861
- Sun Prairie – 804
Top Performances From MSHS:
- Girls Varsity – Sam Paternoster (3rd Place)
- Boys Varsity – Corbin Grim (2nd Place), Ian Kangas (7th Place)
- JV III Boys – AJ Kangas (1st Place), James Uchytil (2nd Place), Olin Slette (4th Place)
- JV II Girls – Alexa Whaley (4th Place)
- Freshman Girls – Kaytlin Roell (4th Place), Emmalyn Verardi (5th Place)
- Freshman Boys – Jack Grant (1st Place)
- The MSHS Mountain Biking Team will return to in two weeks (September 23-24) when they travel to Fall River, WI to compete in their third race of the WICL season that will be hosted at Englewood.